Sunday, June 3, 2012

the birth of a blog

CRASHclatterBANG!

Yes, that was my entry into the blogosphere.  Good evening, and nice to meet you.

I've been thinking about first impressions lately, especially as I have contemplated the birth of a blog, and I have concluded that... I should stop thinking about it.  And just write.

This blog is meant to be a conversation with a friend.  With you.  Whether we are feeling witty, poetic, thoughtful, or just plain blah, I want to talk to you.  I want to hear what you have to say.

I have found that - amidst laughing, crying, sharing - it is in conversations with people I care about that God tends to reveal some of his most profound truths and realize his love most powerfully.  They teach me more than a college curriculum could ever could.

So let's share writing, humor, anecdotes, recipes, geek-out moments, dreams, lessons, encouragement... yes?  Cool.  I like that.

Nice to meet you.  I'm Sara.  Let's chat.

3 comments:

  1. "it is in conversations with people I care about that God tends to reveal some of his most profound truths and realize his love most powerfully."

    YES.

    And oh, how well you and I have discovered this. So many times. With so many more to come. :)

    I LOVE how this all looks. you'll want a "followers" gadget on a sidebar somewhere, to make it easier for people to follow you. :)

    also, love your profile description. very accurate. I might add, if I were you, that you are a friend and that you are loved. Because you are both, and you are loved very, very much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Sara! I'm Ruby. I like chatting with friends. Especially over cups of tea or coffee. Life is overwhelming lately and I'm finding that discovering blogs of other women in the trenches helps me to feel not quite so alone.

    The wonderful things in my life include a drop-dead gorgeous husband who treats me like a princess, two fabulous stepsons (ages 12 & 14), ginger peach tea, a rental house with a big backyard, and friends who frequently tell me they are praying for me. Yeah, that last thing is pretty important to me. Especially when life spun out of control. It made me realize just how MANY wonderful (and praying!) friends I really had.

    My primary blog is open by invitation only. If you want the link, just ask. No worries if not. I plan to stalk you, regardless. ;)

    Hugs!
    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha, hello, ruby! as a novice blogger, i'm still learning the ropes - and totally missed your comment. sorry! lovely to meet you! i would love the link to your blog. :) between what you've told me here and what i just briefly saw on your 'tea with ruby' blog, you seem to me a kindred spirit indeed! :)

    ReplyDelete