Monday, June 4, 2012

a bit about me

I suppose it would be appropriate now to learn a little more about each other, eh?  You could look at my profile and get the gist of me, but here's the slightly more extended edition:

My name is Sara without an "h."  Like the opposite of Anne with an "e."

photo credit:  Jody Gerling

I live in the gently rolling hills of the Midwest United States, in a virtual garden that is my home.  Flowers, fields, trees, a river... this is the stuff of stories, folks.





My best friends happen also to be my family.  Mom, Dad, brother Christian.  And my English Shepherd Abby and her herd of our five cats.


photo credit:  Jody Gerling



Travel is an integral part of life.  Dad's conferences end up taking us from coast to coast and beyond (moreso when I was younger... unfortunate how college changes that), consequently whetting an insatiable appetite in me to roam the earth.

I love rain.  And hazelnut coffee.

College studies have captivated my (mostly) rapt attention for the past four years as I have explored everything from medicine to music to theology to education.  It's a long story.  I am now going into my fifth (and last!) year of my undergraduate education, finally settled into pursuing majors in Parish Music and English.  I am a happy camper.

Words and music.  That essentially sums up my artsy interests.  I also am unforgivably fond of photography.

I am a sucker for languages.  Especially Hebrew.

At this point I could easily pour out an infinite number of gooey-isms about loving friends and cherishing time with them - which would all be truer than true - but I shall refrain.  You are my friend now.  And because you are my friend, I want to share what is most important to me.  The one element I simply cannot live without:

Jesus.

Yes, central to and definitive of my existence is this guy.  I am a baptized, saved, forgiven child of the triune God.

What about you?  Beliefs, stories, interests?  Tell me, friend.  I want to hear.

2 comments:

  1. definitely just learned a few things about you: that you've traveled (more than I knew), that you have an English Shepherd named Abby (who is absolutely beautiful), that you have five cats, and that you like photography. I knew you were good at it (I mean, all those pictures, holy cow, so beautiful!) but I didn't know how much of a passion it is. There's probably a LOT you could teach me.

    Miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, how much we've talked, jaimie, and yet there is more to learn? incredible! oh, i miss you too. bunches and barrels, m'dear.

    ReplyDelete